Permit applications can be submitted via email to [email protected] or at Durham City Hall, located at 17160 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd, Durham, OR 97224. We only accept cash or check payments. For any additional questions, please call 503-639-6851.
- Home Additions
- Frequently Asked Questions About Accessory Uses
- Building Permits Fee Schedule
- Building Permits Fee – Quick Reference Guide
- Building Permit
- Plumbing Permit
- Mechanical Permit
- Structural Demolition Permit
- Excavation and Grading Permit
- Fire Sprinkler Affidavit – up to 10 heads
- Fire Alarm Affidavit – up to 5 appliances
- Medical Gas Permit
- For Electrical Permits – Contact Washington County
- For Tree Removal Permits – Go to Tree Removal Permits section of this website
Construction Excise Taxes (CETs)
- School Construction Excise Tax – 2021-2022 rate is $1.41/sft residential
- Metro Construction Excise Tax
System Development Charges (SDCs)
- Traffic Development Tax (TDT) for Washington County – 2021-2022
- Sewer SDCs (connection fees) with Clean Water Services
- Water SDCs (connection fees) with City of Tigard
- Stormwater SDCs with Clean Water Services
- City of Durham Park SDC rate is $1,320 per home
The City of Durham contracts with the City of Tualatin for permit inspection services. Inspections are performed Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Contractors or property owners can request an inspection through Tualatin’s Online Permit System or by phone through the inspection voicemail at 503-691-3040. You can request an inspection up to 5:00 pm on the business day prior to the day you want the inspector to come.
By phone, please provide your information in the following order:
- Identify that you are requesting an inspection in the City of DURHAM
- Permit Number
- Site Address
- Date of Inspection Requested (see cutoff times below)
- Type of Inspection Requested
- Contact Name, Phone Number, and Email
- Notes, Lockbox Info, or Special Instructions
Please speak slowly and clearly to ensure all information is relayed accurately to the inspector.
Cell phones tend to cut out while providing information, especially with background noise. Try to request inspections in a quiet place or from a landline.
Frequently, people leave their phone numbers very quickly making them difficult to understand. Please speak slowly and repeat the number so we have the correct contact information.
Cut Off Times
The cutoff time for all inspection requests is 5pm the business day before (not including holidays when the office is closed).
Inspection for Monday Request before 5pm on Friday
Inspection for Tuesday Request before 5pm on Monday
Inspection for Wednesday Request before 5pm on Tuesday
Inspection for Thursday Request before 5pm on Wednesday
Inspection for Friday Request before 5pm on Thursday